NOW HIRING: BARTENDER
Quail Hollow Resort is seeking an experienced Bartender. We offer competitive wages, benefits, sick time, vacation time, and many hotel perks.
To serve beverages and / or food to the guests in a friendly, courteous and timely manner resulting in exceptional guest satisfaction. Also, to prepare beverages for other servers to supply to guests, and act as a cashier for the lounge.
* Greets guests in a courteous and friendly manner, promotes and documents orders for drinks.
* Inputs orders into a register at the point of sale and creates a check for each guest and personnel guests, including those served by other beverage servers, to maintain accountability of all beverages served.
*Maintains proper and adequate set-up of the bar on a daily basis. This includes requisitioning and stocking of all beer, wine, spirits, paper products, straws and stirrers, condiments and produce based on projections from the daily functions sheet
*Receives cash from guests, makes any change needed, verifies validity of charges, records charges, and insures vouchers are properly executed, in order to balance all moneys.
*Responsible for maintaining stock, cutting, and storing of all fresh fruit and vegetable garnishes, juices and other perishables daily to insure product quality
*Mixes, garnishes and presents drinks using standard ingredient recipes and practicing prudent portion control. Check guests for proper identification. Detect and act upon guest inebriation as trained. Demonstrate knowledge of liquor laws.
*Locks up and stores all beverages, food and other equipment items, deposits cash drops and secures bank.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
* Attend mandatory meetings.
*. Perform general cleaning tasks to adhere to health and safety standards.
*. Keep work area clean and organized.
* Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor such as assisting security with disorderly guests.
*. Must adhere to all State, Federal and Corporate liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests to insure all laws are being followed.
Below is a listing of the physical requirements for standard performance of this job:
Frequent Physical Activity
Constand Walking, Standing
Occasional Climbing Stairs
Requires good Vision both Near and Far
Taste and Smell
Lifting/Carrying (up to 50 lbs.)
Assimilate into the Packard culture through understanding, supporting and participating in all elements of corporate policies. Demonstrate working knowledge of the service standards.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Packard from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
OSHA laws require the use of the following Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health of safety.
Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE. The hotel provides the required PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your Manager.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must posses the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation and service of various alcoholic beverages.
*Basic mathematical skills necessary to operate a cash register, make change, total guest checks, count total bank, prepare cash drops, total all other charges, and understand portion sizes.
* Basic English language writing skills necessary for completion of requisitions, balance sheets and vouchers.
*Sufficient manual dexterity in hands in order to use a knife to make garnish, pick up glassware and bottles, scoop ice, mix drinks, and reach overhead to retrieve stock.
* Ability to read, speak and understand the English language in order to communicate with guests and take orders.
* Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
* Ability to operate a keyboard and point of sale procedures to pre-check an order and close out a check.
* Ability to work stand and work in confined spaces for long periods of time.
* High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
* Bartending work experience required. Guest relations/service experience preferred
* Food Service Sanitation certification. Alcohol Service permit (if state required). CPR/1st Aid certification preferred.
* All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
* Additional language ability preferred. Must meet the minimum age requirement for jurisdiction.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.